Do you want to secure your home wireless network? You can drastically increase the security of your wireless home network if you change the WiFi password. If you have an ASUS wireless router follow the steps given below to change your ASUS WiFi password.
Change Asus WiFi password in x easy steps
Time needed: 5 minutes.
If you are ready to secure your home network, changing the wireless password is the first step.So, let’s begin.
- Connect to your home network
Take your PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone and connect to your WiFi network. If you aren’t connected you won’t be able to access the router settings in Step 2.
- Launch your browser and go to http://192.168.1.1 or http://router.asus.com
The router settings can be accessed using a web browser. For ASUS routers you can use either http://192.168.1.1 or http://router.asus.com.
- Enter the ASUS router default username and password
Each router comes with a default username and password. The default login details for ASUS routers are
- Click on Wireless in the left-and menu.
Take a look at the menu on the left. Click on Wireless.
- Select 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency.
Your ASUS wireless router operates on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies. Select the 2.4GHz first and when you finish changing the password go back to this step and do it all over again for 5GHz..
- If there was no WiFi password set up, select Authentication Method.
When you select the Authentication method a field to enter a WiFi password will appear. It is recommended to select WPA2-Personal.
- Change your ASUS WiFi password or set up a new one.
In the WPA Pre-Shared Key you can enter your new password or change the current one.
- Click APPLY.
Click the Apply button to save your changes.
- Repeat everything from Step 5 for 5GHz.
After you change the ASUS WiFi password for your 2.4GHz network, do the same for the 5GHz one.
- Always set up a strong and memorable password.
- Combine capital and small letters, numbers and special characters when you create your password.
- Don’t share your WiFi password with anyone. For your friends you can set up a Guest network.
To sum things up
At this moment you know how to change the ASUS WiFi password.
While you are logged into your ASUS router you can also change the wireless network name (SSID), the router default IP and password and so on. All these are additional layers of security for your wireless network and it is recommended to make the necessary changes as soon as possible.