The following article will explain how to change WiFi password on D-Link routers.
Changing the WiFi password is just one of the basic security measures you can take in order to keep your network safe from unauthorized access. It doesn’t take much time to do it but it will definitely save you time and nerves on trying to access a hacked router.
So, without further ado, let’s see how you can change the wireless password on your D-Link router.
Change WiFi password D-Link
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Before you begin make sure the device (PC, tablet or smartphone) you are trying to login to the router from is connected to the network. You can’t login to your router from a device which is not already connected to the network.
- Lanuch any browser
To access the router settings you use a web browser. Simply launch the one you use most often. In this case we are going to use Mozilla Firefox.
- Type 192.168.0.1 in the URL bar
The default D-Link router IP address is 192.168.0.1. Type this IP in the URL bar (Not the Search bar) and press Enter.
If you don’t want to use this IP you can try using http://dlinkrouter.local or
http://dlinkrouter. Just type these in the URL bar and press Enter.
- Enter the D-Link router username and password
All D-Link routers come with a default username and password. The default D-Link username is Admin, leave the password field blank.
In case you have changed the username and password before, use the new login details.
- Click on Wireless in the top menu.
When you login to your router find and click the Wireess tab in the menu.
- Change your Wifi password
While you are here you can change the default D-link network name in the Name (SSID) field (1).
Select WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK AES in the Security options. (2)
Type your new WiFi password in the Pre-Shared Key. (3)
- Save the changes
Click the Apply button to save the changes.
And that’s it! You now know how to change the WiFi password on your D-Link router.
- In case 192.168.0.1 doesn’t open the D-Link login window try 192.168.1.1. You can also find the router default IP using the Command prompt and the IPCONFIG command. Your router IP will be listed as Default gateway.
- In case you can’t login with a blank password try typing “admin” or “password” instead.
- If you can’t login to your D-Link router because you have forgottent the router username and password you will have to reset the router to factory settings. After that you will be able to login using the default login details.
- When you change your WiFi password you will have to connect all your wireless devices again to the network using the new password.